Thursday, September 4, 2014

Laney's 3rd Birthday 8-24-14

Laney Faith is 3 and I just can't believe it!  She has grown from a non-talking toddler into a chatty little girl.  Her birthday was the day after the birthday party so it was a quick turn around to make her day special.  
 She spotted her present and barely gave me enough time to grab my camera before they ripped into it.
 "A MiMi bike!!"  
 Already into the candy…and yes, I let her eat those Skittles.   I am a sucker for birthdays.  
 Frozen birthday balloons in the lawn from Grandpa and Grandma.
 A little birthday singing on her karaoke machine.
 I have always made cinnamon rolls as Laney's birthday breakfast.  Unfortunately I remembered this the afternoon of the birthday party - I knew I didn't have cinnamon rolls in my future.  So we did the next best thing, a breakfast cupcake and she wanted me to light a candle and sing to her.  Of course I obliged.  Her baby joined us for breakfast :).
 Adam doing what Dads do on birthdays and holidays - putting together kids' gifts.  Laney had pulled all the cushions off the couch and was jumping on them.  I don't think she stopped talking all.day.long.

 I took Coop and Pippi down to Grandma and Grandpa's house so we could take Laney on a birthday date.  What better place to take a stuffed animal hoarder than Build-A-Bear!?  It was brilliant.  From the minute we walked in she spotted exactly what she wanted…the tye dye Hello Kitty.  Here she is picking out the personality traits for her Hello Kitty.
 She got to stuff it,
 give her heart lots of love,
 and place her heart.  
 She gave her a bath and created her birth certificate.  She named her, Meowy.  LOL.  Seriously, we couldn't stop laughing.  
 She was beaming and over the moon proud.
 She got to ring the birthday bell,
 and the whole store sang to her :).
 We were walking out, she was so stinkin' adorable carrying that big box all smiles.  I told Adam, "take a picture of her."  And Laney said, "yeah Dad, take a picture of me."  She stopped in her tracks and smiled.
She requested to ride the escalator and since it was her birthday, we did.
 Her one birthday request was to go to the carwash so we did.  She loves the car wash almost as much as her Dad ;).  

 And she's out.
 It's so fun to have one on one time with each of the kids.

 She picked out her cake and icing at the store so I made it despite all the other desserts we had from the party.

 Love.
 Grandma and Grandpa with our August babies.
This picture just about sums her up.  Sweet, sassy, and a whole lot of cute!

Happy 3rd Birthday Laney Faith - we love you so much!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy with birthday madness! Happy Birthday to Cooper and Laney! They are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete