Friday, September 12, 2014

Conversation with Cooper

It was a couple nights before preschool and I was out running errands with Cooper and Piper.  I was telling Cooper how excited I was for him to start preschool, how much fun he was going to have and that I couldn't believe it was his last first day of preschool which meant Kindergarten next year!!!!  And this conversation happened…
C - I don't want to go to Kindergarten
Me - What? Why?
C - Because then I will be in high school and then college and I don't want to move away.  I will only be able to visit you and Dad.
Me - I told him that if he goes to KU, he won't be too far away and I will visit a lot.  He was on the verge of crying but that comment seemed to cheer him up.  Also told him that college is a long time away and when he gets old enough to go, he probably won't be sad.  Dad and I will be the only sad ones.  I said, college is so much fun and you need to go so you can get a good job and buy nice things.  
C - Well, I don't want my own house or apartment.  I don't even have a wallet!!
Me - We will make sure you get a wallet.  You will need to have a job and house to take care of your family. 
C - Well, I don't think I will find my true love for a while.

And that is when we pulled into the grocery store and I thought that was a good ending point for our conversation.  As soon as I parked, I pulled out my phone and wrote our conversation in my notes because I knew I would forget it by the time I blogged about it.  

On another note, he can legitimately beat me at the matching game.  In my defense, I am often distracted by two little cute girls :).


2 comments:

  1. Everything about that conversation is adorable! I will come visit him in college too...even if it is KU! His uncle Kyle may be another story, but I bet we can do some convincing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is priceless...... did he just turn 12 or something :!:!

    ReplyDelete