Friday, November 9, 2012

Smile Fridays - week 24


I was in a real bind today.  I had a Stella and Dot show this morning, usually adore my morning trunk shows!  Well, I soon realized that my sitter was going to be a no-show.  I was panicking...it was 9:50 and I was supposed to be at my hostesses home in 10 minutes and she lived 10 minutes away.  I was texting/calling friends and good neighbors that I knew didn't work and would be (even the slightest bit) happy to keep the kids for a couple hours.  It was 10:05 and I had nothing.  Yep, sheer panic.  This wasn't a lunch with friends I could just skip...this hostess was having 10-15 women at her house in less than 30 minutes, it was my job.  So what did I do, well what I had to do.  I packed up the kids to take with me.  I called my hostess crying (whom I have only met once) and she was 100% gracious.  Of course I wasn't worried about Cooper, just put on a movie and he's golden.  It was little sis I was concerned about for obvious reasons.  
My angel of a friend called me back on the way.  She just said, "I will meet you there and take the kids to my house."  No questions asked.  Problem solved.  I got set up in record time, it was an incredible show and I knew my kids were in the best hands.  So today, I smile for good friends that are like family when you don't have family near.  



What could make a Jayhawk fan smile more than the start of basketball season!
I turned on the game tonight and the first thing Cooper said was, "hey mom, there's uncle bill."
Another fab episode of Pay Heed.  If nothing else, skip to minute/second, 2:56 to watch an incredible dunk by one of our freshman!

No comments:

Post a Comment