Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012

A week later and this is the final Halloween post :).  

I talked to a few family/friends the day of Halloween and they asked if Coop was super excited for the day and trick-or-treating.  I told them I was pretty sure we could skip the whole thing all together and he wouldn't notice. :)  But of course we wouldn't!  I talked it up throughout the day and right after dinner he said, "Let's go trick or treating!"  
Doodles the Poodle and Nemo.  Here's a fun fact...my kids have only ever worn hand me down costumes, thanks to great family and friends!  I am so thankful I haven't had to mess with the whole costume thing yet, I am sure there are years of that ahead.  I was certain that after seeing lots of boys at pre-halloween events as super heroes and Jake (from Jake and the Neverland Pirates) that Coop would be demanding a different costume.  Nope, my laid back kid was perfectly fine being this cute fish.
Walking across street to first stop.  This is Laney in the first few steps of walking and at about step number 10, she ends up like this...
which ended her up in the stroller for most of the night...
and she could have cared less as long as she had that glowstick in her hand.
We told Cooper he was a big boy and needed to talk to the adults himself.  For the most part we stood at the end of the driveways and off he went to knock/ring doorbell.  He would say, trick or treat and thanks.  Every.single.time he walked back to us at the sidewalk he would say, "Onto the next one."  It's my favorite Cooper memory from this Halloween.
Ahh, getting so big!

My favorite Laney memory this Halloween...she waved hi and bye to each house :).
There were some really fun decorated houses that we enjoyed all month on our walks.
It was a beautiful night, still in the 80's when we left our house.
Cooper collected a ridiculous amount of candy and all good stuff.  He had a few pieces that night, but really didn't ask anymore about it.  I mainly used it for bribing purposes, totally wrong, I know. My relationship with that candy bowl was getting out of control as I have z-e-r-o willpower.  Earlier this week we donated to our local elementary school for their after school program, I am sure their parents are thankful for that ;).
Cooperative subjects as always.
And it just isn't a holiday if one of the kids isn't in themed PJ's :).


No comments:

Post a Comment