Friday, November 2, 2012

Smile Fridays - week 23

This is a home edition of smile Fridays...
Man, I need a before picture of this space!  Well, picture this, it was a huge pile of toys :).  I have been on the search for the perfect piece of furniture for here.  Randomly stopped by Home Goods last weekend with my mom and sis and knew I had to have as soon as I saw it!  It makes me smile every morning I walk out of my bedroom!
Did you know how much one burned out lightbulb can darken a room?!  Well, I didn't until it was replaced and I love bright light.  I am thankful for this contraption and my manly husband that used it :).  Our ceilings are a ridiculous height!


The book situation was getting out of control.  The kids have so many and we love and read them all, but we needed some more shelving.  A trip to Home Depot for some rain gutters and spray paint and we were ready for a Sunday craft afternoon.  Love, love how they turned out.  Now, Laney specific books go in her room and Cooper specific books go in his room.  Yay!


The high today was 91 degrees...on November 2, I love it!  We played outside all morning, with no shoes on, in the water table!  I am definitely not one of those people that crave colder weather.  I someday wish to live in a place that I can wear flip flops 365 days a year!


I ordered ESPN Full Court today.  What does this mean?  We will get every college basketball game that is televised.  In other words, we won't miss a KU game :).   The $100 for it is much cheaper than getting a babysitter and go to a bar to watch the games that aren't on main channels.  ROCK CHALK!



1 comment:

  1. I love the gutter book shelves. I have seen them before but haven't had the gumption to put them up. We too have books EVERYWHERE right now!

    ReplyDelete