Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I started this post on Thanksgiving night...then I fell asleep :).  So here it is almost a week late.

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!  Another year with so much to be thankful for.  I feel you all know what I am thankful for as I write about most of it on this blog.  

Last weekend I had the privilege of volunteering with a friend and an organization she is a part of, Food for the Soul.  It was an incredible experience.  Families were wrapped around the building.  We got matched up with families and helped them shop for clothes from the donations and sent them home with a complete Thanksgiving dinner and a bible.  How great is that?!  They were so thankful and gracious and just ordinary people.  I just hate the thought that they probably wouldn't have a Thanksgiving dinner without this.  I wanted to take them all home with me to feed them, bathe them, bake them chocolate chip cookies and send them back home with bags full of clothes, food, toiletries, and toys.  I couldn't have enjoyed my couple hours there more and can't wait to work with this organization again.  If you live in the DFW area and want some more info, message me, ash4545@hotmail.com.  I will put you on the email list!   

On Thanksgiving day we had full of plenty to be thankful for...good food and lots of it, family, beautiful weather, the list goes on and on.

Just because I love these pictures...they aren't from Thanksgiving, actually from last month.
kisses!






No comments:

Post a Comment