Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I mentioned back here that I loved Cooper's preschool so much that I applied to be a sub this year.  Well, at 7:10 this morning I got a call to sub.  What did this mean?  I needed to leave the house in 1 hour and 5 minutes...I had to shower/get ready, get the 2 kids up and ready, feed us all breakfast, make 3 breakfasts, pack a bag for Doodles, and take Lola out to potty.  Yikes!  We did it and the kids were totally cooperative which doesn't always happen.  
Laney goes to the Guppy class (nursery) when I sub.  She didn't bat an eye when I dropped her off...knew she wouldn't.  I was in the Cheetahs class for the day with 16 four and five year olds.  It was so, so fun!  Adam asked me if I got bit by the teaching bug...absolutely!  Those kids were so sweet, fun to work on projects with and just exuding energy.  It felt good to use some of my teaching skills again, I kind of felt important ;).  
I loved that I could peek in on Laney when I wanted and when I did she was perfectly content.  There was another little girl her age and the teachers said they were in their own little world all day.  I walked by Coop's class once and caught his attention, he acted like he was 13 and didn't know me.  Of course Doodles didn't nap, knew she wouldn't, too much action :), but she was asleep before we left the parking lot.  In fact both kids were home and asleep by 2:30, I woke them both at 4:30 so they would go to sleep tonight!  
It was great to be back in the saddle again...can't wait for the next call!

No comments:

Post a Comment