Sunday, December 16, 2012

Coop's first Christmas program

Last week Cooper had his first Christmas program at preschool and very first program to take part in!  They had a Spring performance last year, but he was home with a fever.  It was just as adorable as you would expect a Christmas program with classes ranging from 3-5 year olds.  It was short, sweet and perfect for the age group.  Each class performed one song and I know the teachers have been practicing for months with these sweet angels.
 We were off to a good start.  He didn't want to get "dressed up,"  jeans and 2 shirts!  He wouldn't pick out shoes, so I grabbed his cowboy boots.  On the way he kept telling me that he couldn't dance in them.  I kept saying, well, good thing you are singing and not dancing.  
 He perked up as soon as he got to his classroom with friends and teachers.  Of course we were running late so we were in the back row.  It was actually perfect since Doodles just wanted to run.  They keep the front rows open so when your child is performing you can go up front...great idea, huh?!  
 The Fimmens were up front and Cooper was clearly excited to see them.  Couldn't stop waving :).  We were cracking up.
 He either spotted Adam or me and Doodle Bops in the back.

 He had a ball!  Their class song was Christmas Makes Me Sing.  In the weeks prior I kept asking Cooper about their song and of course he would give me no answer.  I mentioned this to his teachers one day and they laughed telling me that he was one of the first to learn all the words and sings it all the time at school...go figure.
 Christmas makes me laugh,
 Christmas makes me smile,
 Christmas makes me cheer!
 We had cookies in his class afterwards.  


When I can figure out how to get videos from my video camera on to my computer, I will upload the insanely cute video for you all to see, I know you are dying ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment