Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Luau Decor

There were sooo many pics in the original Luau post, so here are pics of the decor.  
The luau theme was inspired by her grass skirt that Grandma and Grandpa brought her back from Hawaii.
 Much of the Hawaiian decor was thanks to my friends Jenny and Carolyn.  They have both hosted luaus before and graciously loaned out their decorations to me.  Thanks girls :).  My sister created the banner.

The smash cake, could this be anymore magnificent?  My highly talented sister created it all herself.  I had just planned on ordering something last minute (imagine that), when she presented me with this idea.  That barbie was naked-she even created the coconut bra!!!  And, I love that she got the brunette doll :). I am telling you my sister may be great at her job-but I am pretty sure this is her true calling.  
 The cutest cake balls and presentation-thanks to my sis.  Seriously, how cute is this??  And, they were apparently good because they were demolished :).
 My mom's sugar cookies...these are famous among our family and friends.  My brother Bryson eats no less than 5 in one setting ;).  I wish I had one right now!  We were going to do beach balls, the number 1-but I just love how my mom and sis did these flowers.  I think they scream Hawaiian :).
 My dad shared his big birthday with Laney's party, so I had to get him his own cake!  
 Goldfish everywhere!  One of Doodle's favorites.
Doodle's monthly pics from her first year.
I think this is my favorite out of the 12 months.

Cooper William started his 2nd year of preschool today.  It was a great day!  Post to come soon, hopefully tomorrow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment