Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cowboy Cooper

While cleaning out Coop's closet last weekend, I discovered his hand me down cowboy boots from his cousin Nick.  We have had them for awhile and he has never been interested until now.  He was so pumped to get them on his feet and start two-stepping.  Since last weekend, he has been out to dinner in them, riding his bike, playing at the park, visited the Stockyards and lots of dancing.  He has yet to wear them with pants which may just be my favorite part.  I clearly remember (and I don't remember much these days, seriously) both of my brothers always wearing shorts and boots.  Speaking of this, at what age do boys realize this isn't how the real cowboys wear their boots and start wearing them appropriately with jeans?  I hope not for awhile, because I think shorts and boots are just about the cutest and most innocent thing.  
The first night he discovered them, he was determined to do some dancing.  I don't even remember (see, I told you, no memory) how it all started, but of course I took plenty of pics to refresh that sad memory of mine.
 We did country, Justin Bieber, One Direction...no discrimination in this house.
 How do you know it's football season?  Our tv seems to be on (and the volume very high) from Saturday morning until Sunday night.

 After a while he requested Dad and I get our cowboy boots on and join him.  Wow, how incredible is our attire?
 Good thing Dad has 2 pair of boots so that Aunt Alli could get in on the action.
 I'm telling ya, this kid has a thing for music!
Yep, that's Grandma (and Lola) in Dad's boots too!  He wanted everyone to join him.  Poor Doodles missed the party, she had been snoozing for hours.  However, she does have her own pink cowboy boots that are sooo close to fitting so once she decides to start walking she can join us :).

1 comment:

  1. This blog is just so happy! And PS - I LOVE your hardwoods. I dream of having nice hardwoods but that probably won't happen for another 10-15 years while having two big dogs.

    ReplyDelete