Monday, September 10, 2012

Laney's Luau

I am not a party planner/thrower, but there is something about celebrating a 1st birthday of one of my babies that I love.  We went with a luau theme, I will do another post on the decorations/desserts.  It means so much that we had so many friends and family come to celebrate our Laney Faith.  A gigantic thank you to my mom and sister-without there help, this party would have been pretty sad.  The day couldn't have been more perfect, I will let the (million) pictures tell the day...

 Almost birthday cousins, 6 weeks apart.  These 2 are starting to interact more and more with each visit.
 This was the best I got.
 Grandpa with his babies...how much longer can we call them that??

 Laney, Lakeyn, and Gia.  Don't you love that they are all in light pink?

 Best I got of these two!  Love their big pink bows :)
 my favorite picture of the whole day!  
 Laney with J.D. and Henry...will these 2 boys be watching over Laney for me in 18 years at KU???

 Her shy/embarrassed reaction to everyone surrounding her getting ready to sing.
 So confused.
 Not a fan of the cake at.all.  I knew she wouldn't be, the girl doesn't have a sweet tooth!  And it was her 3rd birthday cake and she hasn't liked any of it!!!



 A couple of pretty great Grandpas!  It was Grandpa's birthday, so we even sang to him!!!
 Aunt Alli's cake balls were a hit!
 Love this pic of Kellen.
 Gunner realllly liked the cake, enough to lick the plate :).
 Opening presents!  Love that she handed all her trash to Dad.
 Lots and lots of fun girl stuff!  Finally!  Our playroom needed a little girl love.

Thank you to everyone that made Laney's 1st birthday so special.  We are hugely blessed with the most amazing family and friends.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a blast! Sad we didn't see you guys at the KU game but I just wasn't up to the challenge of keeping Drew entertained for 3 hours in a public setting. :)

    ReplyDelete