Thursday, September 27, 2012

Alcon Family Night at Six Flags

Adam's company, Alcon Laboratories, had family night at Six Flags last Friday.  What did this mean?  Every employee (if they wish) gets tickets for their immediate family, parking pass, and Daffy Dollars ($$ to spend).  They close down Six Flags just for us!  I should clarify that "just us" felt like a regular summer Friday night at Six Flags, it was chaos!  The little kids area was a traffic jam of strollers and lines over 30 minutes long...no thanks.  We walked and walked and walked some more, people/ride/game watched, and caught a couple regular rides.  The kids were awesome and so in awe of it all.
 100% awestruck by it all.  Adam and I both said, "imagine if this was Walt Disney World!"  Coop and Adam did one ride together.  We couldn't see it, but it was the mini mine train and the sign for level said moderate.  Adam said it was definitely the thrill limit for Coop.  He was pretty proud of himself when they got off but refused to go again with me ;).
 In line for the one ride all 4 of us rode together.  Yep, that's Doodles without shoes.  In this family if you don't walk, you don't wear shoes :).  I actually did bring them, but she just takes them off immediately.
 Our family ride was an antique car on a track that you could "drive."  Adam managed the pedals and Cooper steered.  He thought it was just about the most awesome thing he had ever done, laughed the whole time.
Doodles and I were his backseat passengers.  There's that funny face again.
We had $55 in Daffy Dollars to spend at Six Flags.  I was just floored at how much $$ they give each family to spend...seems so ridiculous to me.  We never, ever would have bought anything from the souvenir shop (because I am a boring and cheap mom when it comes to that junk) but with free money, I gave in.  Here is Laney Faith waiting on me and her brother to spend the $$.  Nope, she didn't get anything-I tried, it was all too cheesy.  Instead her brother got a M&M's lightsaber, Batman figurine and  Spiderman hoodie.

Thanks Alcon, we had lots of fun!  Can't wait to see if we get on more than 2 rides next year ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment