Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy 1 and a half years Laney Faith!

18 months...one word, exhausted.  
Me, not Laney.  
She is definitely not exhausted.  
A couple weeks ago I told Adam, "18 months is definitely not my favorite age!!!"  Girlfriend never stops, more details below.  
I was holding back on this post until I took some cute pics of the girl.  Then I remembered Laney doesn't sit still.  So instead I will just post some random pics I have caught of her on my phone lately.  But first, here is what our sassy Laney is up to these days...
-Weighs 23 lbs, 13 oz, 63%ile.  She's in the 96%ile in height and 90%ile in head size.  I swear she has grown inches in just the last month!
-She goes to bed around 7:45-8 and is back up in the 7 o'clock hour.  She naps for about 2 hours.  We always know she is awake because she is yelling, "Mom, mommy, moooommmmmmyyyyyyyyy!!!"  Girl is ready to get moving the second those eyes are open.
-She has a lot to say, we just don't exactly know what she saying yet ;).  Here's what we do know....mom, dad, Lola (yo-ya), gall for milk, Jakey (Jake and the Neverland Pirates), Minnie (for Mickey and Minnie), bow, ba-ball for basketball, puppy.
-I call Laney's favorite activity, Seek and Destroy.  She rarely sits down for a specific activity.  She finds something destroys it and moves on.  
-If she does slow down for a second, we are holding/feeding her babies, playing basketball, playing cars or reading books.
-Just starting to get interested in coloring, adores stickers!!  She covers herself and usually me.  
-She's a climber, has just figured out how to get up and down the stairs!  She is usually standing on the kitchen chairs and running all over our furniture.  
-As ornery as she is, she is just as funny.  The looks she gives us and her mannerisms just crack us up!  
-She's an eater, is known to raid my pantry to find pretzels 20 minutes after breakfast.  Her favorite are fruit, cheese, yogurt, pretzels, mac'n'cheese, chicken nuggets and milk.  
-I think her favorite time of day is when her Dad walks in from work.  She gets crazy excited and yells, Daaadddd-yyyyyy!  

 People often comment on her beautiful blue eyes.

 She loves to wear Cooper's construction worker outfit.
 She still loves the Bumbo even though she has clearly outgrown it!  It was in the tub for Hadley :).
 She picks random times/spots for somersaults.  More on our new patio soon!
 We were cleaning out clothes, getting out the next size of hand me downs when we found this dance/gymnastic outfit.  It originally belonged to my cousin Ava.  Laney pulled the leg warmers out and asked me to put them on...and by asking I mean she grunted and shoved them in my face.
 She's eating apple pieces whole, even with the skin on!  On a side note...oh, that hair.  Thin, straight, no volume...sorry Doodles you got that from me.
Here she is maneuvering the stairs.  This time she had went up while I was making lunch to get her lovey from the crib.  This makes me crazy-hold-my-breath-nervous.
Her and her bestie, cheering on the Hawks.

Happy 18 months Laney Faith, we love you so much!



1 comment:

  1. No lie...I read your post about Laney & then I went on dictionary.com & this was the word of the day:

    scupper\ SKUHP-er \ , verb;
    1. Informal. to prevent from happening or succeeding; ruin; wreck.
    2. Military. to overwhelm; surprise and destroy, disable, or massacre.

    Would you like me to use it in a sentence?! Laney scuppers your house daily.
    I was exhausted just reading about it! Good thing she is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete