Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall is here!

Coop is all about firemen/firetrucks/ambulances these days.  We drive by our local fire department basically everyday.  And everytime Cooper is checking to see what's happening.  This week he kept asking me over and over when we could stop and go see the firetrucks up close.  I decided that if we were going to stop in, we couldn't do it empty handed.  I just happened to be dying for some of my mom's infamous pumpkin bread, so Coop and I got in the kitchen the other night.  He was a very motivated (sometimes a bit much) helper.  We treated ourselves to a few slices and saved the rest for the firemen.
The firemen graciously accepted and took us on a short tour of the station.  Coop was all smiles!  They couldn't have been more friendly to us, glad we did it.



I am still trying out new recipes and to cook every night of the week.  I made this chili and served it with Fritos.  My kids love edamame, so I cooked it a different way this time, recipe on my Pinterest board. I also made the Crockpot chicken and rice on my Pinterest board.  I made this pasta, which everyone loved. I don't think I have ever cooked with italian sausage, but it was a hit.  Coop and I made Rice Krispy treats last night.  I haven't made in forever but thought they would be fun to do.  After all the effort, Coop didn't like them, said they were too sticky and messy...duh, thats the point!  So, we passed them on to friends to enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment