Thursday, January 26, 2012

5 Months!

I was just telling Adam the other night that I have stuck Laney at 3 months, I just always think and almost tell people she is 3 months...why?  Who knows, probably because my baby is growing up too fast and I am in denial :).  Anyways, she isn't 3 months, she is 5 months old, almost 1/2 year!!!!!!!!!  
-The biggest change at 5 months is that she is becoming so darn fun!  She's smiling, laughing (mostly at Cooper, he can do anything and she will laugh!), and interacting with her toys.  She likes to be on the floor watching whatever Cooper is doing.
-She weighs 15 lbs-I know this because we were just at the pediatrician-make that 2 ear infections this month, the latest is a double :(
-She's rolling over both ways-but for the most part belly to back.  Definitely not rolling over all the time yet though!
-losing those beautiful dark locks like crazy-that deserves a post itself!
-I have been very laid back about getting her into a routine as far as sleeping-but I think she put herself in one!  She is mainly taking 2 naps-morning and afternoon and going to bed a little earlier-9ish.  This means I am actually getting something done in the house after everyone is in bed!  She is usually up between 8-9.
-She is nursing 5 times a day.  I haven't even introduced rice cereal yet!  She seems totally content on what she gets so far and definitely isn't behind in the weight department :).  My pediatrician said it would be totally fine if we didn't start her on anything until 6 months...we will see where the next month takes us.
-Still in size 2 diaper, swore I was going to try cloth diapers with her-just haven't done it yet!  Slowly moving out of 3-6 month clothes and into 6-12 month clothes.  
-has had cradle cap for about a month now..doctor said it would eventually go away.  It doesn't seem to bother her, so as of now we are letting it takes it course.

Laughing at her big brother and Dad!

She is always sucking on her bottom lip and playing with those toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment