Tuesday, December 16, 2014

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

We have had a fake tree the last several years - not many tree farms in Texas.  I knew I wanted a real tree this year but wasn't sure how Adam would react.  I mentioned it on Thanksgiving and he said, 'lets go tomorrow.'  That was easy!  We met the Nitschkes at the tree farm the next morning - so fun!
 The kids all crawled in bed with us in the morning and Coop wanted to hold Pippi.
 Not to miss a photo op, Laney hopped in.
The Griswolds were off to find their tree!
 Somehow he was put in charge of the saw.


 Out exploring the land for our perfect tree!

 We found one!
 It was cold!  The wind had just blown Piper's hood off - promise!
 Cooper was off running around with Emersyn so Laney helped Dad cut down the tree.

Pippi just watched from her stroller.
 These little legs were tired of walking and hitched a ride back to the car on the wagon.
It may have been sunny but it was cold!!!
 Not only did he cut down and put up a Christmas tree…he put lights on our street tree!  The neighborhood encourages everyone to do red on the trunk and white on the branches…it makes the neighborhood streets very festive!
 She chose to decorate me and 
 Henley instead of the tree.
 My mom brought ornaments and helped the kids decorate the trees in their rooms.
 My grandma came and did the ribbon on my tree as I was clueless.
Love it!  We ran out of the striped material so we opted for red on the bottom…works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment