Friday, December 5, 2014

Last day of vacation in Napa

Technically our last day was Sunday, but we spent the whole day traveling so we don't count that.  Although I should because I almost finished my book on the flights home and that is my idea of vacation ;).
Saturday morning we took it slow before heading out on another day of wine tasting, just 3 wineries this day.  I had to steal from Maggie again on our itinerary for the day.
Winery #1: Moffett Vineyards....BEAUTIFUL place! We were at the winery owner's parents' house and I would live there in an instant!
Winery #2: Midsummer Cellars...we got to taste the wine directly out of the barrel, and had some meat and cheese for lunch.
Winery #3: Handwritten
We then ate dinner at Gott's & headed out to the bars.

 Kyle read John some poetry to start the day.
 A beautiful rainbow outside our window!
 We hung out in the winery owner's parents' kitchen while we waited for our tasting.  The house was so modern and incredible!
All glass!
 We sat outside with the winery owner and enjoyed the view…not the weather - misting and cold!
Love!  On another note, I got a manicure for the trip and couldn't stop talking about how good my nails looked on the flight to San Fran!  Can't wait until my girls are old enough to give me weekly manicures ;).
Pretty incredible view

 Apparently Adam was the only one feeling the love;)

Wine tasting straight from the barrel at Midsummer Cellars.
Our final winery stop. 
LOVED this quote about handwritten notes!


Maggie missed the memo about just trying a few sips of each glass as she drank them all!

We went across the street for burgers and saw another beautiful rainbow.
We went out to watch the world series game and see a poor performance by the Royals :(.  I am wishing I would have snuck Tanya's jacket (that I wore all day!) in my bag!

An incredible vacation - couldn't have been more perfect!  Happy 40 years of marriage to Dennis and Joyce and Happy 60th Birthday to Joyce!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment