Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Home School Aspirations

When I tagged along on Adam's work trip last month, I had lots of personal time.  I took the time to make some educational plans for the summer.  Coop is totally into crafts/learning and I knew we would fit Doodles in somehow.  Of course I turned to Pinterest where I was not disappointed. I have a few pages of notes on book themes.  The plan was to do one each week.  Ha!  Wanna know how many I have done??? One.  Yep, one.  Right now I am sure you are thinking, what else are they doing all day??  Between our trips, everyone being sick at some point, Cooper and Laney's social calendar and going to the gym, our mornings seem to fill up fast.  I know, it sounds ridiculous.
 The book we did first (and only so far!) was If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.  The kids already love the book, but we read it each time before we did a project.  This first one was so simple, most of them are!  I made an M with washi tape and the kids watercolored around it.  Then we peeled the tape off after the paint dried.


 Our math activity involved rolling dice, chocolate chips and addition.  Really what I took away from this is that we needed to work on writing numbers!
 Laney colored next to us and snuck chocolate chips when she could.

We did a couple more activities with the book but I didn't get pics.  You can find the link for all the activities and more on my "kids' stuff" Pinterest board.

School doesn't start here until September 12th so I still have awhile to catch up on some other books...next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment