Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Coloring Cuties

I could not be happier about my kids' new hobby....we have entered the world of coloring!  Woot-Woot!  We came back from our midwest tour and all of a sudden they had a new obsession and it's awesome.  They will set at their little table and color for up to 20 minutes!  20 minutes people!!!  Do you know what I can get done in the kitchen in 20 minutes???   Even sister is into it!  I love sitting with them and taking part too, coloring is so relaxing, right?  
We have started watercoloring too, but Doodles needs close supervision on that one since she likes to suck on the paintbrush.
  Maybe this will make our next road trip a bit smoother???  

 I just adore how he colors.  Everything is in colored in so neatly (well, in a mother's opinion) and so full of color!  I love how he makes most things striped and doesn't leave a space white!  He has made some crazy coloring progress in the last 6 months.  Wish I had a timeline of his coloring pictures.
I adore how she colors just as much.  Cooper calls it scribble-scrabble. She also uses lots of colors (and never puts any of them back :)) in random scribbles all over the page.  She is our gal of little words and we just love, love, love how she comes running to Adam and I proudly holding up her latest masterpieces saying, "me, me, me!," waiting for confirmation on a job well done.  Then when we ooh and aah over it she beams even more!

And then when they go to bed at night I sneak about 95% of their creations in the recycling bin...don't tell.  It kind of makes me sad, but it could lead to an episode of hoarders if I kept them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment