Saturday, July 20, 2013

4th of July

Our third and final stop of the midwest tour was Kansas and we had a jam packed few days.  Fourth of July, planning and throwing my sister's baby shower, nephew Gunner's 2nd birthday, meeting our new niece Landree, lunch dates with friends...the list goes on and on.

I adore 4th of July in Stilwell.  The traditions haven't changed in years.  Family comes over to my parents to swim/eat, then everyone goes to watch the parade thru town (which we conveniently hang out at Bryson and Tara's house) and the night is wrapped up watching the city fireworks.  Sounds pretty perfect, right?  Warning...I took lots of pics.

My parents have a big, beautiful backyard that backs up to fields.  A family friend happened to be out that morning in his combine while the boys were in the backyard watching.  He stopped to chat and Coop got to ride with him for a while.  I would just love to have heard the convo happening because Coop had no clue who he was (anything for a combine ride!), and was still rocking his PJs!  He was in heaven.  I will spare you the video :).
The kids got lots of quality time cruising Stilwell on the gator.
 My kids drank so many sugary drinks on our midwest tour, it was making me cringe.  I was like a drill sargeant when we got home, 2 choices, milk or water, the end.  *by the way, that's my sis's cute baby bump*
 I rarely really dress my kids looking cute and matchy.  When I do, I better be getting a good pic to document it.  Well, you can see how this went down.
Thanks kids :)

 Waiting for the parade to start with Mamaw...Laney wouldn't abandon that Gatorade.


 God Bless America,
 and God Bless these thumb sucking teeth!
 Gunner and Laney were totally content after catching one sucker.
Cooper was on full time candy patrol and rocked his job!
 Not only did I want a pic of my 2 kids but of all the grandkids since Landree was a fresh addition still. Well...that didn't pan out.
 Someone had to be removed from the situation after getting violent with her cousins.
Her and Gunner quickly made up over an episode of Mickey Mouse.

Hope you all had a safe and happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment