Monday, July 22, 2013

My 32nd Birthday in an 8 hour car ride home

We don't always plan our road trips the best.  I spent my 30th driving back from KC with Cooper, pregnant with Doodles.  Adam spent his 31st driving back from Thanksgiving.  And I spent my 32nd earlier this month driving back again!  However, this time Adam was along so I got out of driving for the day.  But really, the passenger seat isn't easy in our car...you spend most of your time turned around fishing toys from the ground, handing out snacks, getting movies situated, basically trying to keep Laney Faith happy.  
 This is a family tradition for as long as I can remember and pretty sure I started it??  I am sure I will stand corrected if wrong :).  Thanks Dad for the sign, who cares that daughter is spelled wrong!  Alli and Rusty brought requested Einstein Bros and donuts for breakfast before we hit the road.
 This sweet pea is not so patient on car rides.  Unless she is eating, sleeping or on her dad's phone/ipad, she is miserable.  And if she is miserable, we all are.  
 Leaving our lunch stop he tells us he's not tired and not taking a nap.  Less than 2 minutes later he was out.
Here Cooper is trying to negotiate that ipad back in trade for a coloring book.  Look at her grip...how do you think that turned out??  Sister usually wins.

We had a great 10 day Midwest tour.  However, 24 hours total in the car with 2 toddlers over the course of 10 days was a bit much.  Thanks to our families for all your love!  

1 comment:

  1. I bet you are SO over riding in cars! Glad you had a good bday! :)

    ReplyDelete