Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was my 4th Mother's Day as a Mom...shouldn't I have more answers by now to things like....cures for a runny nose, how to get a child to use manners 100% of the time, deciding if/when to take child to doctor, how to gracefully maneuver kicking/screaming 20 month old into carseat and ignore her screaming in the car???  Someone please tell me all of these answers and more kick in on my 5 year anniversary of being a Mom!
Adam and I appreciate our parents (especially our patient mothers :)) like crazy, but with each year of parenting, I think our appreciation shoots up another level.  Especially since they both had 4 and all close in age!
Mother's Day this year was perfect.  It was pretty low key, we were busy all weekend with friends in town (more on that later).  We just played and watched cartoons all morning.  Kids took long naps, I caught up on my DVR'ed shows and Us Weekly outside in the beautiful sunshiny weather.
Adam asked if I wanted dinner cooked or to go out. I didn't want to do dishes again today, so we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  Of course Cooper and Laney were perfect angels....HA! Let's pretend that happened.  Instead, Cooper was playing the drums with knives and Laney was screaming to open every butter packet that came with the bread and then put stickers all over the table.  True story, luckily Cheesecake Factory is a loud place.  
 Here's what Cooper came home from school with.  The one about cutting paper...we did lots of cutting letters and paper the day before...other than that we haven't had scissors out in over a month!
There was a wait for dinner so we gave Cooper 2 choices...go run around/play by the water fountains or go to the bookstore...choice is clear.  Adam said, "he is obviously your child."  I am telling you, me and this boy are a lot alike and Laney and her Daddy are a lot alike.  I read book after book to Cooper and Adam chased Doodles around.
Blueberries and cheese sticks while we waited.  Ugh, they are both getting so big!
This is my, Oh crap I haven't got a picture today with the kids, picture.  Can you tell?  All I can see is how pasty my legs are!  Yikes!

I hope you all had the most terrific Mother's Day yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment