Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Eve of the last day of preschool (year 2) and writing

Can you tell I struggled for a title?
Cooper's last day of preschool is tomorrow.  Well, not last day of preschool forever, just until September.  I am sad because it means he's one step closer to Kindergarten and the handcuffs of school schedules/homework, sad because he adores his teachers, classmates, school routine, sad because September will be here all too soon and both my babies will be in preschool.  But...I am oh so happy because he has learned and grown so incredibly much, happy that we officially have no schedule for the next 3 1/2 months!, happy to not be packing lunch 2 days a week and dragging him out of bed to rush out the door.

About that learning so incredibly much...last night we were playing outside after dinner and he found a lone piece of chalk.  He proudly says, I wrote a "D."  So, I told him if he added an A and another D, he would spell Dad.  So he did.  Then he spelled Mom on his own...what?!  Then he decided to write everyone's name in our family and he did!  Adam and I just looked at each other smiling, both of us thinking, 'when did this happen?'


 I love his current E's, they have lots of extra lines ;).




I can only imagine what this time next year will bring?!


1 comment: