Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Shower -1 Piper -0

I was showering with the girls the other night-we were finishing up and I was helping Laney pick up all the toys.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Piper pushing the shower door open and in slow motion before I could catch her...she pushed the door open and her feet slid out from under her.  She face planted on the granite ledge :(.
 I picked her up saying to myself, "please no blood, please no blood."  About 5 seconds later, the blood started :(.  And of course Adam was out of town.  I needed another adult opinion in regards to stitches or no stitches.  So I called my sister and Rusty (who are both in the medical field) and they happened to be on their way home and stopped by.  They reassured me she didn't need stitches...cut was so small and so close to eye.  There were 2 separate cuts.  She cried a lot when it first happened but then was totally fine.
 We FaceTimed Dad to show off the war wound...her other eye was from earlier in the night when she fell off the tricycle :(.  Poor Baby!
 I gave her some Motrin before bed and was so nervous to what it was going to look like in the morning.  I was sure it was going to be swollen and bruised.
 Here she is the next morning.  It looked so much better than I thought and she was all good.  Kids are so resilient!
This was a couple nights later and by the weekend it was almost completely healed.

Phew, that was a scary fall Piper!

No comments:

Post a Comment