Friday, May 22, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My Mother's Day was pretty darn hard to top in my books...well, except for the weather.
 Adam's Grandma sent this to me for Mother's Day, love it!
 Adam got up with the kids and they made me breakfast in bed.  My sidekick watched me eat with envy.

They told me to get dressed to go somewhere.  Cooper said, "it's somewhere far away but not St. Louis or Texas."  Earlier in the week Adam asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I said go to Lawrence for the day.  I could hear him rolling his eyes over the phone.  He likes going to Lawrence for games and that's about it.  I would live in Lawrence...freakin' love that town and everything about it!  Anyway, moving on...we were all getting ready to get out the door.  I was fixing Laney's hair and she said, "I don't even want to go to Lauren's house."  lol.  Obviously there was a communication issue on where we were going for the day....we don't even know a Lauren!
 We pulled into Lawrence (or Lauren's house as Laney called it all day) and it started pouring rain...boo!  Piper was sleeping so we drove around for a bit to all our favorite places.
 We decided to go to the Union to let the kids run around but sat in the car to wait the rain out and let Pippi finish snoozing.  Laney had dressed herself that morning in a very mismatched outfit.  She came in my room after I was dressed and said, "oh, you're wearing a dress!  I need a dress."  So we went to her closet to pick out her second outfit for the day at 8:30am.  She cracks me up!
 The boys were talking video games.
 Such a dreary day!!  We are far removed from college because we got to the Union at 10am and were the only ones there.  Then we remembered that most college students don't function before 10!  
 I feel so lucky and yet a bit petrified at times that I am the mother to these sweet children.  It is such a daunting task and I pray everyday that I am doing what's right to bring the best out of them and mold kind, loving and hardworking big kids and adults.  Honestly they make my job pretty easy now, it's 10 years from now that I am really worried about!

 It's a good thing there weren't students there trying to study because these kids were excited and loud!
 We went to Quintons for lunch.  It hit me when we walked in...oh yeah, they aren't going to have high chairs or kids' menu...it's a different life in a college town...an awesome life ;).  So Piper ran back and forth across the booth behind the kids.  I loved lunch...everyone else, not so much.  Sorry peeps, it's my day.
 After lunch we went back to the Union to go bowling at JayBowl.  The hours were 12-5, we got there at 12:30 and it was still closed!  I like to think the manager skipped out to take his mom out to lunch, he was probably hungover.  We were totally bummed but thought we would hit up Allen Fieldhouse instead...and then it was closed too!  Major road bumps in the day, luckily little kids aren't easily bothered by that.

 Outside Allen Fieldhouse, you can buy a stone to personalize.  This one was my favorite!  What a brilliant idea!!!!!!
 This was my other favorite, what a great tribute from one coaching legend to another.
 We went to the top of the hill, love that view!
 "Let's get a picture kids!"  Awesome.
First shot people, this may be one of the best family pictures we own!  
 After Lawrence, we came home for the kids to take quick naps and then headed to my Grandma's for dinner.  Laney's favorite part about my Grandma's house is drinking her Pepsi and eating candy...I think those were 2 of my favorite things growing up too!
 Checking out the cattle on the farm.
I now wonder how I raised my kids so far from family, specifically my mom and sister.  I am not sure what I would do without them.  My mom is the most giving and selfless person I know...she once spent 3 hours at the McDonalds play land with my kids...I think that is a credential to Sainthood ;).
 To top off Mother's Day, we went for ice cream to end the day.  I am telling you, my day was perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment