Thursday, May 21, 2015

Running with the Cows

Our church puts on an incredible 5K/half-marathon every year in the Spring.  It's called Running with  the Cows and if you are familiar with the location of my church, that is very fitting.  Rewind to Easter Sunday, one month before the race...my cousins and I were sitting around talking about the race and how we should all do it.  Adam tells me there is no way I can run (the whole time) a 5K and he puts $100 on it...game on buddy, game on.  I strapped on my running shoes the next day and started training.  I was determined to prove him wrong!  
 Race morning had arrived!
 I don't think any of us would consider ourselves runners but here we were, ready to tackle the 5k!
 It was a dreary morning but ended up being great running weather!
 We did it!  And get this...my dad beat us all!!  But I beat my brother and sister :) and I ran the whole race so I got my $100!!!
The whole family that ran, my cousin Joe won.  It was a great way to start the day, can't wait to do it again next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment