Thursday, April 2, 2015

The rest of Spring Break

On Wednesday, it was rainy and yuck.  I was kind of relieved because my house needed some attention!  When the weather is nice I just want to be outside with the kids.  My mom picked up the big kids to take them to Cinderella.
The 3 year olds did great!  My sweet, sensitive 5 year old was pretty sad when her mom died and wanted his mom ;).  He said the ending was happy and he was glad they didn't leave :).  After lunch she took them at their request to McDonalds...where they ate and stayed to play for 3 hours!!!  My mom is officially the most patient woman on this planet.  After 15 minutes, I am like...get me out of here!
 Adam and I only had one kid so we went out to lunch and she was loving all the attention!  Seriously, look at that face!  We told her...this was your brother's life for 2 full years and he was the only grandkid on my side!  
So so happy!
They came home and Laney was in full on Cinderella princess mode!


Thursday morning the Gibson and Nitschke girls came over to play and I didn't get one picture!  Kids had a lot of fun and us moms got caught up on each other's lives.  Thursday afternoon was one of the best days of the year...the first day of March Madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I purposely planned all the kids fun activities for the beginning of Spring Break because I knew we would be home in front of the TV all day Thursday and Friday.
 I found a very kid friendly bracket for Cooper and he loved it.  Every year he gets more and more fun to watch all the games with.  So fun that I let him watch all the games with me Thursday night...we were up until almost midnight!  Yikes!  He was so into it that I couldn't make him go to bed and Adam was out of town so I needed a watching buddy.  And he doesn't have school on Fridays so he slept until almost 10.


Friday was our game day.
 Preach it Uncle Bill!  There were a lot of doubters...was anyone pulling for us??  I guess we didn't prove them wrong ;(.
 I think this was actually Thursday night but oh well-you get the idea.  They each wanted to make special treats over Spring Break.  Cooper chose brownies and Laney chose cupcakes.
 Late night snack!
 The kids eat an english muffin with peanut butter and honey almost every single morning.  This particular morning he hopped up and did his best to do it himself...maybe my kids growing up isn't such a bad thing after all!
 We picked red and blue sprinkles for the Hawks.
 We were all game day ready!

 I thought maybe I could keep them contained for the 2 hours of the game ;).  No such luck.
 This guy kept me updated play by play if I had to be out of the room with the girls.
 The family came over for dinner and to watch basketball Friday night.  Cute girls twinning in their KU gear.
 He played hours of basketball over Spring Break.  He was often RJ Hunter from Georgia State hitting the 3 to upset Baylor in the first round of the tournament.  
Gunner spent the night and these 2 chatted in bed for almost 2 hours before they fell asleep!
Equal parts cute and ornery.  

Then Sunday came and March Madness took a turn for the worse.  Let's just leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment