Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Let's get outside!

Winters are hard for so many reasons but the number 1 for me is not being able to get outside with the kids!  Fresh air can make such a difference in our day...pretty comparable to being a teacher and indoor recess days.  Kids need to be outside to run and play!  While the winter has been long and cold (especially when you have spent the last 3 winters in Texas), I feel like we have been able to get outside once a week and we will take that for now!
 They bundled up one morning and took their sand out on the deck.
 She loves the swings!
 If I want to get a good walk in, I have the kids drive the Jeep and Pippi takes the stroller seat.  If the kids ride bikes, we don't get very far very fast.  I have said it before but I love that Cooper just owns that pink Barbie Jeep and never questions it one bit!  And again, shout out to the Jensen family for the jeep/stroller, they are 2 of our outdoor essentials!!!
 One day after school we met the Galbraiths and Souders at the park for lunch and to play.  
 It was crazy windy!  Coop took the 3 baby girls down the slide.
 I love when he gets confidence to ask other kids at the playground to play football with him.
 This girl is so brave!  She walked all the way across, with just a little help from me.  
 As usual, she was pretty content walking around and watching the kids.  
 We had to come home from the playground so that I could make dinner.  It was still so nice that the kids took their bikes out onto the new deck.  
 She was not happy to be inside watching them riding bikes although the smile says something different.
 The back of our house is west facing and we have lots of windows so we see the most amazing sunsets.  It's one of my favorite parts about the house because usually at some part of the dinner making/eating/cleaning up process we see a beautiful sunset!  The bad part...I never take a picture!  I took this out the car window as I was leaving last week but it does it no justice!!  My goal is to start taking some more pics of those sunsets!!!
 One of the perks of Adam working from home is that on nice days, Piper can nap at home with him and I can take the big kids outside!  This day it was only in the 40's but we bundled up and went to our neighborhood park!


 Naptime is usually when I get some Stella & Dot work done, dinner prepped, laundry folded, etc but on days like these, it's totally worth it to leave it all behind. 

Our patio addition is almost done, can't wait for warmer weather to spend lots of time out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment