Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cheer Camp for Laney

The high school associated with the kids' preschool offered a cheer camp last month.  I mentioned it to Laney and she was all in...no surprise there.  The camp was 3 hours on a Saturday and then performance the following Tuesday evening before the Varsity basketball game.  She was so excited and I was so excited for her, I had a strong feeling that she was going to LOVE it!

 She wore her KU cheerleading uniform from Mamaw and Papaw to fit right in ;).  She was a little hesitant about me leaving but a couple of the older girls took her in, gushed about her cute uniform and she didn't look back.
 When we came to pick her up, they did a practice performance for the parents.  That was great because Adam was out of town for the real performance.
 We couldn't believe how much they had learned in 3 hours!  It was a dance and 2 cheers.
I love that she is looking at Adam instead of the main camera ;).
 Adam was out of town and Laney had to be there early for her performance so my mom took Cooper and Piper early so we could have a dinner date too!  So fun, thanks Mom!  
 We had dinner at Corner Bakery-I just love going on little one-on-one dates with the kids.  We facetimed Adam so he could wish Laney good luck.
We even played the video of her practice performance so she could rehearse in our booth ;).

 All the girls!  Of course, she was on the opposite side of where we were sitting so I had to scurry down to the other end of the court to get some good shots of her!
 My heart basically melted, I was so proud of her!  She definitely loved the dance!  During the cheer she just kind of stood there and looked around.  Girl likes to move!
 Grandpa and Grandma came and took her out for ice cream afterwards.

Here's the adorable video that we have watched no less than 50 times.  A month later she still turns it on, gets out her pom poms and starts doing the routine.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t think there is anything laney wears that she dosnt look cute in
    And the group picture of all the cheerleaders can u say Buffett

    ReplyDelete