Friday, June 27, 2014

Piper - 6 months

She's 6 months people, how did this happen??  I swear it's like I blinked and 6 months passed.  Not fair.  Good news is that she is more fun everyday!!  A lot sure happened from month 5 to 6!

-Best news??  She is sleeping thru the night!!!!!!  We were on our car trip to Omaha when it hit me, I said to Adam, "she is 5 1/2 months, why isn't she sleeping thru the night yet???  This is crazy!"  Keep in mind that Laney was sleeping thru the night at something crazy, like 2 weeks.  I hadn't even noticed her middle of night feeding and really it wasn't bothering me one bit.  It only took about 15 minutes and there is something so sweet about it.  However, I knew we were leaving for Ft Worth in just a couple weeks and didn't want my mom to have to be up in the middle of the night with her.  So, we came home from Omaha on a Wednesday and let her cry it out Thursday night and boom! she was sleeping thru the night by Friday.  She still has her occasional middle of the night crying but I don't feed her.  I will go in and rock her because Laney can be a light sleeper.  Typically goes to bed around 9-10:30 and up around 6-7ish.
-She is taking a pacifier now (woo hoo!), mainly at nap and bed time.  She is easy to put to sleep - give her a pacifier, her little blankie, rock for a few minutes and she is usually out.
-The girl is taking a bottle!  Alleluia!  And she will even take one from me!!!!!!!  Still breastfeeding her full time, 5 times a day.  With the other 2 kids, I had totally weaned them off and onto formula/bottle at this point.  I don't feel in a rush with Piper so who knows.
-She is eating baby food at her dinner feeding.  She has had sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, blueberries, butternut squash, peas, bananas, watermelon - done well with it all.
-She was 26 inches long (58%ile).  I don't think either of the big kids have ever been below the 80%ile for height!  She was 16lbs, 1oz (50%ile) and her head was 70%ile.
-She's still rocking the one tooth on the bottom.  
-Rolling/scooting all over the place, loves to watch her brother and sister.  She is constantly moving her legs and arms especially when she sees something she wants.  She is grabbing at her toys now, putting things in her mouth.


Most days I get all 3 kids napping at the same time but this day - she wanted nothing to do with sleeping.  So we did a little photo shoot in my room.  The adorable crown is from my good friends, Nicole and Maureen.

See that tooth on the bottom?
Aunt Tanya let us borrow this cute lace romper but she was kind of over picture at this point.
Nope, not quite sitting up on her own yet.
She was determined to play with those blocks so I gave her the S.  The hair!  Always in her face unless I have it clipped back.  I just bought a few tiny clips for this purpose.  She may need a haircut before her sister!
We think her smile is the best.
Happy 6 months sweet Pippi, we love you!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment