Friday, June 13, 2014

Omaha - the children's museum

The next morning we got up, ate breakfast and headed to the children's museum.  It was crazy hot outside so we were happy to be going inside for the day!
warning…lots and lots of pictures.
 Cooper spent probably an hour at this station.  He loved being the mechanic on this car.
 While he played mechanic, she played artist.  Laney was loving all the painting.
 Why just stick to paper??
 I can't say enough wonderful things about the museum!  They had every detail covered, including fans in shapes of school supplies!!  We ended up spending almost 5 hours here!
 That's looking into the ball area where we spent at least a couple hours.  Adam was supposed to be on PTO but he was on that phone quite a bit and he was the last one asleep both nights working on his computer.
 There was a 'Kindergarten Prep' classroom.  I could have stayed there all day and taught this boy all sorts of stuff with their fun materials.  
 While Coop and I played in the Kindergarten room, Laney and Dad were grocery shopping.

 love.  Girl on a mission and with a full cart!

 Piper hung with Cooper and I.
Hello! I loved teaching with geoboards!  See what I spelled out on mine ;).

 This sweet baby was a dream the whole trip!
 The last hour or so we were the only ones in the ball area.

 All the ball tunnels led to this ball pit.  They would collect and every 5 minutes or so an alarm would sound and they would drop.  Cooper LOVED this part.


 Laney LOVED this miniature house.  In fact, Adam had to drag her out of it when we were leaving.

 We made catapults.

My boy and I in the pirate ship trying to escape from the bad pirates.
The children's museum wore them out!  We drove around a bit for them to sleep before heading to an early dinner.
I would go back to Omaha just for this mexican restaurant.  It was so good!  We strolled in (literally) at 5 just in time for happy hour.  Let me maneuver my double stroller and 3 kids around you while you enjoy your margaritas ;).  I had a raspberry margarita and green nachos that were to die for.  
And I am pretty sure Adam would go back to Omaha for Ted and Wally's homemade ice cream.  Adam loves himself some good ice cream and this place met his high standards.

We stayed a second night in the hotel, went to a good local breakfast place and hit the road.  It was such a fun couple days and highly recommended, only a 3 hour drive from KC!!  If we did it again, I think we would just stay one night and drive back after the children's museum on the second day.  We are so glad we decided to take the trip, it was a great kick off to summer!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The children's museum looks awesome! I will have to add it to our growing list of fun places to take the kids for a long weekend.

    ReplyDelete