Wednesday, June 18, 2014

9 years

Today marks 9 years since Adam and I said 'I do.'  Time flies when you are having fun :).  Adam got back in town this evening so we met at Jalapenos for dinner.  Our perfect children were perfect angels, insert sarcasm here.
We celebrated our anniversary earlier this month with an incredibly fun trip to one of my favorite cities, Ft. Worth.  Adam got us George Strait tickets to see his final concert on his final tour.  It was my Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Anniversary gift…he tried to throw birthday in there too but I drew the line.  On Friday morning we dropped the kids off with my parents and hit the road at lunchtime.  I prayed and prayed that our sweet Pippi would take her bottles well and sleep soundly thru the night for my parents.  For the record, she did and was perfect…unless my mom was lying to make me feel better ;).
 After a very quiet 8 hour drive, we arrived late in the evening.  I was so, so excited to be back in Texas.  Downtown had more updates since the last time I was there, like this fun splash pad area.
 Come to Momma.  We had dinner at Mi Cocina, 30% for the food, 70% for the drinks :).  
 We hit a couple of our other favorite spots for drinks before calling it a night.
 Unfortunately I was pumping during the trip, which meant washing parts in the hotel sink.
 A sign you are without your children?  When you are drinking big beers in the back of a taxi headed to a concert :).  Bad choice on taking a taxi…imagine trying to find one after a concert with over 100,000 people lets out.  
 Love a good reason to break out my cowboy boots!
 Funny that Adam is holding 2 waters and I have a beer.  Let's clarify that he did not drink water all night.  We were over the moon excited to be here!!!
There were lots of incredible guests that sang with him during his over 3 hours on stage.  
We felt like we saw a piece of history that night, this man is a legend and put on an amazing show.  

Thank you to my mom, dad and sister for taking such good care of our kids.
Happy 9 years Adam, love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment