Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Laney Faith - Lord Help Me

The title says it all.  I used to worry about how I would survive my kids' teenage years, now I wonder if I am going to survive Laney's toddler years!  To know her is to love her and laugh and laugh some more.  And if you know her well, you understand the title to this post.  She has been a bit of a spitfire from early on.  Just a few nights ago I was going thru old blog posts and Adam and I were just laughing because her wild side was so apparent from early on!
Lately though she has turned it up a notch.  She makes us laugh all.day.long.  And sometimes I laugh because otherwise I might cry :).  Seriously, she is freakin' hilarious - her mannerisms, what she says, the looks she gives, how she plays, what she wears…you name it, the girl cracks us up!  And she is as ornery as she is funny.  That little body of hers can test your limits like no other.

 Laney has had lots of this lately.  When something doesn't go her way, she points her finger at me and says, "you mean mommy."   Man, I need to get that on video - it really is pretty funny.  However, when something bad comes out of her mouth then something bad goes in.  She gets vinegar and she HATES it.  Knock on wood, she hasn't had any for a few days now.  Early last week it was several times a day - I could barely keep up!
 Dad taught the kids this trick and they think it's hilarious.
 Don't let that innocent look fool you.  Girlfriend is rarely taking a nap these days.  She gets out of bed a million times (moving her to a big girl bed was a huge mistake, should have left her in that crib until she was crawling out daily!) to tell me 'night mommy', go pee/poop, you name it.  I redirect her a few times but if she is still getting out, I tell her she is going to bed early.  I waste so much of nap time trying to keep her in her room that it isn't worth it!  Naptime is precious time people!!!
 This was 5:30 on a no nap day.  She fell asleep sitting up watching me make cookies.  I cleaned her up from dinner and told her to go play.  5 minutes later I found her on the couch sound asleep again.  I took her to bed thinking I was probably going to regret this when she was up and ready to rock at 2 am.  Nope, she slept until 7:45!!!!!  Think she was tired??
 She now wants to pump bottles for her babies all the time.  In fact, just tonight she was throwing a fit at bedtime because she needed to pump her baby a bottle ;).
 She fights Piper for time in the exersaucer.
 Princess heels, Sofia the First dress, a saw and some Star Wars mask…seems about right.  Oh yeah and still in her (mismatched) pjs - who knows what time of day it was!

Oh, Laney Faith - I love you so and you keep me on my toes.

2 comments: