Saturday, May 31, 2014

Gymnastics!

Adam is gone this weekend on a golf trip which means we are not marathon watching Scandal when kids are sleeping so I am getting caught up on our lives!

Flashback to last winter when Cooper was playing soccer.  When he would get ready for each game, Laney would say, "me, me, me!?"  She still wasn't talking much more than that at the time.  I would say, "Laney do you want to do gymnastics or dance when we move to KC?"  She would nod her head.  Signing her up was on my looonnng to do list during our transition from Texas to Kansas.  My friend Stacey just happened to text me around that time that she was signing her daughter (2 days older than Laney) up for gymnastics.  Done.  So for the last 9 weeks we have spent an hour on Thursday mornings at gymnastics.  
My fireball Laney was totally shy every.single.week.  In the introductory exercises, she was often attached to my leg and not doing what was asked.  She would eventually warm up.  She was excited to go each week and is now a master at forward rolls :).  I loved having some time with just her (and occasionally our sidekick Piper :)) each week.  Thanks to my mom for taking Cooper most weeks and Piper a few times too.

Believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures until the last day!  
 Laney and her BFF Gia.  I feel like I should have a picture of Stacey and I because it was basically our social hour for the week to catch up :).


At the end of their last class, they recognized each child.  They called their name for them to come up, get a stamp and hold their certificate up.  Laney was one of the last so she was diligently watching each kid jump up there all smiles and do it.  When her name was called, she crawled between my legs (what!?  this is not my laney!).  Her sweet friend Gia took her hand and helped her walk up.  This was as good as it got :).

No comments:

Post a Comment