Friday, September 6, 2013

Catching Up after Birthdays

Yep, we are still here.  I know it's been over a week since I have posted...a few of you have reminded me ;).  Here's the thing, I take so many stinking pictures in August and blog those birthdays like crazy that I put my camera away for a bit.  Honestly, I went to blog last Thursday night and I had nothing.  Nothing.  

Our Labor Day weekend was pretty chill which was awesome.  We are out of town for the next 3 weekends so it was nice to stay home for a couple days.  

Here's a brief recap of our lives in the last couple of weeks...

 We have been talking about cutting his hair for over a month now.  Honestly I kind of liked it longer but one day he woke up from nap and it was out.of.control.  I told Adam to grab the clippers and sent Coop to the back patio.  He came back a different kid, I swear he looks 2 years older now!
 Mamaw and Papaw Jones got her princess heels for her birthday and she is smitten.  Of course there have been a few spills but she gets right back up and clip-cloppin' along.
 That's right...Final Four tickets are secured!  Ok Uncle Bill, now you need to get your boys in it.
 Aunt Alli and Uncle Rusty got her napmat for her birthday and it hasn't left her crib.  Maybe she will nap at preschool??  I am betting on no.
 Sending goodnight pictures to Dad while he was out of town.  Yes, the kid chooses long sleeve shirts and pants for PJs when it's 100 degrees out...I am telling you, he is sooo much like me.
 Since Laney turned 2 she doesn't have to be in the 0-2 childcare area at the gym.  She gets to run with the big kids which made me kind of nervous....she's still a baby!  Coop assures me that he watches out for her.  One day last week when I picked them up she was sitting with him and other boys building Legos.  The minute she saw me, she ran to the table to pick up pictures they had drawn for me...made my day.
This pretty girl makes dining out a real adventure ;).
 She is reading aloud these days and it's hilarious...must get video soon!
 If you have a 4 year old or need a birthday gift, go buy Zingo!  We love board games and this one has been awesome!
 We are still rockin' the 100's here in Texas so the pool is still in our weekly agenda as we make our way into September.
I am an avid grocery store list maker/follower.  I hate nothing more than having to go there more than once a week.  However, we managed to go thru a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs from Friday night to Sunday night last weekend!?!  So Sunday night I went (blah) and Cooper was dying to go with me even though he was in PJ's and ready for bed.  "I promise I won't even get a cookie Mom."  How can I say no to that??  So off we went at 8:45 with him in his non-matching, too small pajamas.  On the way to the store he kept saying, "Are you kidding me?  Look at all these cars out so late!"  "I bet you are the only one with a kid Mom, I bet everyone else is in bed!"  Love life thru a 4 year old's eyes!

September is already off to a busy start with lots of excitement, stay tuned!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment