Thursday, September 12, 2013

First Day of Preschool 2013

Well, it's in the books folks.  First day of 2013-2014 preschool year is complete and we all survived ;).  Both kids were up and ready to roll, I had promised pancakes and delivered.  They were both happy, ready to get dressed and even cooperated for pictures.  

As soon as pulled into preschool Laney got super excited and started clapping.  Cooper was insistent about dropping Laney off first.  She went in fine, wanted to carry her napmat and when her teacher put her name tag on she ripped it off and gave it back to her ;).  She was checking it all out when Cooper says, "Bye Laney, come on Mom!"  Thanks Cooper, so much for sneaking out after a quick kiss.  At this point Laney realized she wasn't going with us and started crying.  We just left, as a former teacher I know that being a clinger only makes it worse.  Coop went in to his class just fine, quieter than his usual self though.  I went back and peeked on Laney...she was all good, but still carrying her nap mat around ;).  

What did I do with my 5 hours?  Well, I dashed out of preschool to get to the gym in time for a class, had 2 Stella & Dot coaching calls with awesome team members, went to Target to grab birthday gifts without my kids ripping everything off the toy shelves, ate my PB&J alone (really missed my kids at lunch), showered (trying to make a good impression at preschool ;) alone (haven't done that in a while),  shipped off Stella & Dot stuff at post office and then time was up!  Just like that!  It was so strange to have empty carseats.  I seriously don't go anywhere without at least one kid unless it's a Stella & Dot show, they even went to my last hair appt with me!  It was a bit lonely but man did I get a lot accomplished and I will only be lonely for 13 1/2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bring on Baby!

At pick-up it was bit crazy in Laney's class...anxious parents wanting questions answered about their baby's day.  The teachers seemed a bit frazzled, only 1 of the 10 kids napped...can you imagine trying to get 10 2 year olds to nap in a new routine?!  They said Laney did good, I was happy with that.  She was happy to see me but nothing crazy.  Coop's teacher said his class just jumped right in, she said easiest first day ever.  She had Coop in the 2 year old room and said he was his typical laid back and happy self.

Cooper said he made a new friend Landon and the best part of his day was recess.  That was about all I got from him...typical.  I wish I spoke Laney's language because when I asked her favorite part, she jabbered for about a minute straight.  They both came home and I woke them up after napping for almost 2 hours so they would actually go to bed tonight!  

Overall a successful day for everyone!
 4 year old class - Zebras!
 2 year olds class - Ladybugs!
 Sissy's hair was a bit crazy this morning.
 The boy is always in some sort of super hero pose.




 It's almost bigger than she is!
Oh my gosh, this picture melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment