Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Double Dentist Day!

Yep, I braved taking both kids to the dentist today!  It was Laney's first dental visit but Coop has been a  few times with his falls to check on his front teeth and regular check-ups.  

 Here is my stuffed animal hoarder again.  She wanted every stuffed animal the dentist had on her lap.  She was totally content hanging out there until the dentist approached.  No go Doc.  I moved Laney to my lap and still wasn't happening.  The doc was able to count her teeth and briefly check them out.  Cleaning wasn't happening, sister doesn't like to be messed with, she flat out wasn't letting that lady in her mouth for longer than a few seconds...we will try again in 6 months.  This reaction came as no surprise :).
This kid rocked it!  He went and did x-rays all by himself while I sat with Laney.  He didn't say a word while they examined and cleaned his teeth...maybe having his blanket with him helped ;).  The x-rays did show some nerve damage to his right front tooth from his 2 falls (one on kitchen tile floor, the other on sidewalk).  There is a chance of some damage to his permanent tooth, but we won't know until it comes in.  Of course the dentist talked to me and Coop about the importance of stopping the thumb sucking.   Cooper told her he didn't want to stop ;).  I told her we would work on it ;). 

We have also added flossing to our nightly bedtime routine, awesome.



2 comments:

  1. Flossing?!? I am glad the dentist hasn't recommended that for our house yet. I don't see that happening for a while. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flossing= overrated! :)
    Nerve damage.... urgh! We will start blessing Cooper's teeth when we pray before bed ... it's worth a shot, right?

    ReplyDelete