Thursday, August 23, 2012

Twas the night before her 1st birthday

Yes, our baby Laney Faith turns 1 tomorrow and I really can not believe it!  I rocked that sassy girl to sleep tonight-as she picked my nose, picked at my teeth, and fought me every second of it.  I didn't care, I just had to soak up every last minute of her first year!  I honestly can't tell you the last time I rocked her to sleep because this independent girl of mine is not fond of cuddling, being rocked, etc.
The night before I was being induced...for the record, I was 39 weeks and 4 days, not that I was counting.  Holy Belly!!!  I remember telling Adam my belly felt like I was carrying concrete it was so heavy!
 This was how we had Laney laid out when our families came in.  It's one of my favorite pictures from the day she was born, because I can not believe how big she looks and I still remember everyone's reaction when they saw her for the first time!  Seriously, this 9 lb, 4 ouncer never felt fragile!  It is so amazing what the human body can produce!!!!!!!
Adam and I were shocked when Dr. Gardner said it was a girl, 100% shocked and I wouldn't change that moment (with both of our kids) for anything!!  The other surprise (besides her giant size) was all that dark black hair!

Now,  I am off to the kitchen to attempt homemade cinnamon rolls to have for Doodle's birthday breakfast in the morning...who's idea was this???

No comments:

Post a Comment