Thursday, August 16, 2012

Coop's Birthday Party


We had a fun and pretty laid back weekend celebrating Coop's 3rd birthday.  When talking to a couple friends, I have said, this is a great age for birthdays.  Cooper definitely "got it" and was excited, but he didn't expect much.  Gotta love the appreciation for little things.  On his birthday, he got to make the decisions for the day, what to eat for meals, where to go, what to play, how late to stay up (again, beauty of a 3 year old...at 9pm you can tell them they are up waaaay past bedtime :)) and he was all smiles that he didn't seem to hear the word no or not right now or another day!
He kept saying and has continued saying this week, "I am a big boy now Mom, you know that?"  Yes, Cooper, I know it all to well.
His party was a very small get together, just a couple of friends.  He requested a Spiderman party, which was perfect because Spiderman is everywhere these days.  Man, it's times like these that I really, really wish I was a more creative and "pinteresty" mom because I am pretty sure there could have been some super cute and fun decor and games.  But, let's be honest, I am not...in fact, I was at the mall ordering the cake less than 24 hours before the party.  Someday, maybe?  Instead, him and I picked out his decor from Target, I ordered pizzas and the kids just played whatever their little hearts desired.  And, my little 3 year old was pretty darn impressed with a few Spiderman items hanging up! :)

I couldn't even get 1 of them to look at me!
 I just loved watching him while we sang Happy Birthday.  I think he was equal parts shy and excited.

 He kept looking at me with these eyes and under his breath saying, Mom?!

 Awww, a real smile, love it!
 A cookie cake again this year...when you are the one in charge you get to order what you love ;).
 What would we do without the Fimmen family in our lives, love them?
Coop and his friends!
Grandma and Grandpa spend the weekend celebrating with us, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment