Monday, August 15, 2011

2nd Birthday Party...A Diggin' Good Time!

I mentioned here about Coop's current passion for tractors, diggers, guys workin', etc.  So, it was an easy decision when deciding on a theme for his 2nd birthday party!  We celebrated Friday night with some family and good friends.  With it being so stinking hot out and 38 weeks pregnant, I went the easy route and we did pizza and salad for dinner.  The kids all got along great and it was just fun!!!

Click here to see Coop's 1st birthday party...I am sure you all are just dying to take a walk down memory lane with me, right?

 Dinner time, cheese pizza and Capri-Suns!  The kids were eerily quiet eating dinner, they quickly warmed up to one another and were busy little bees playing the rest of the night.
 Watching everyone sing Happy Birthday to him, think he kind of liked it :).  Later on in the night he was busy playing with his trains and singing the song to himself.
Couldn't quite master the candle blowing out, had some help from Kynslee.


A little secret...cookie cakes are my all time favorite!  It is what I always had growing up for my birthdays. And, when you are the party planner you get to make decisions like this, so cookie cake it was!  Not to mention they were the most reasonable place I found that would do a construction truck.  I ate an embarrassing amount of this over the weekend, I would hate to think what fraction I consumed myself!
 We love our 2 year old Cooper William and he loved his cake and ice cream.  All the other kids finished and took off playing, here he stood at the table until every last bit was gone!  
 Opening presents!  Of course he got lots of cool things that he has been playing with since opening them.  
 Could this be any cuter?  I can't believe all the kids cooperated, considering they were busy playing and moms just grabbed them, stuck them on the couch and slid party hats on!  I think in big part to Coop's 2nd cousin, Kynslee.  They all looked up to her and she kindly played the part :).
Family Pic, doesn't Cooper look thrilled?
Man,  Coop couldn't have been more excited about the party decor when it came in the mail...so cute!  I wonder what next year will be???
Believe it or not, we were still opening birthday presents on Sunday!  Friday was birthday overload, Saturday morning we were busy then Adam and I took advantage of our free grandparent babysitters and had our 2nd camera class (holy cow there is a lot to learn about these DSLR cameras...overwhelming!), went out to dinner and did some shopping.  So, Sunday Coop opened this fun farm set from Grandma and Grandpa and fun Cars stuff from the Finesteads and Visceks!
I think this picture sums up his feelings on the weekend, I feel the same way Coop!  By the way...don't you love his shirt?  A gift from his Great Uncle Jim and Aunt Ann!  Can you tell we buzzed his hair again?  Someday we will let it grow out, but for now it is in a bad stage of thinness and he seems to only grow a mullet...

Thanks to all our wonderful family and friends that made Coop's day extra special whether you were here or not, we are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment