Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Cooper - part three :)

We wrapped up birthday week with a fun first bday party on Saturday.  It was a birthday filled day as we had cousin Cash's 2nd birthday party Saturday morning, then Coop's party in the afternoon.  It was a sunshiney and hot, hot day.  Thank goodness Grandpa and Grandma have an awesome backyard with a pool.  It kept the kids, big and little, busy.  As you will see in the pictures, the theme of the party was Elmo.  Cooper loves anything Elmo...pictures, videos, dolls.  He calls him 'mo, but at times almost says 'elmo.'  He was ecstatic with the decorations, just looking everywhere smiling and saying 'mo.

Don't know where to begin to thank the best family and friends that came to celebrate.  Seriously, we feel so lucky to have these people in our lives.  Cooper is so loved!!!  The amount of gifts he got is embarrassing, but I swear he loves every single one of them!!!  We are having lots of fun with them this week.  Be prepared for lots of pictures, somehow my camera died in the middle of the party, bad mom,  I know.  Thanks to Tanya and Alli for picking up the slack.  Warning: lots of pictures, just couldn't dwindle them down, I mean it is his first birthday...

Happy 2nd birthday Cash, so happy we could celebrate with you!!!
hanging out in the cool air-conditioning
poolside, men cooking and watching the kids swim
Coop and his 2 great grandmas, Great Mama Kelly and GiGi Hillermann. I love this picture!!!  There are a million other pics I wanted to get like this...all the cousins on both sides, ALL the kids at the party together, coop with his grandparents and aunts/uncles, however I love that I got this pic :)
Opening gifts, again can't thank everyone enough!  This thoughtful gift was a scrapbook of Coop's first year made by my cousin Olivia, seriously so sweet, neat and well put together!!!
Love this picture, he has his party hands going!
Look at this ONE year old!!!
cake, cake cake!
Coop's personal Elmo cake homemade with love by his Aunt Alli.  She did all of the decorations at the party, another set of pics I missed :(.  If her degree doesn't work out, pretty sure she could succeed as a party planner/decorator, her work was a hit!!  We love you Aunt Alli!
just staring at everyone while they are singing Happy Birthday, trying to figure it all out
just the beginning
officially loving his cake!
wanting to give 'bites' to everyone, Dad was the only one willing to take him up on his offer
Dad can take credit for Coop's 'face painting,' after this it was quick rinse in the tub and then pool time!


Are you still with me after all those pictures?  I have a million more and then a million more mental pictures that I didn't get on camera.  Such a fun day!!  Honestly, can't believe I have a 1 year old!  





1 comment:

  1. ASHLEY I LOVE ALL of them and wish we could have been there! We should definitely be at his 2nd :) He is too cute in all the pics- he seriously loved the day! Would love to see all the other pics- email me! And Anna LOVES the learning house he got- LOVES it! TOO much fun :)

    ReplyDelete