Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Welcome to the World Laney Faith!

In case you haven't heard, it's a GIRL!!!!!!!  Laney Faith Jones was born at 6:08pm, Wednesday August 24th.  Fun fact on her birthdate, it's 8-24-11 and Adam's is 11-24-81, kind of fun!  She was 9 lbs, 4 ounces and 23 inches long...a big baby girl!  I am sure most of you could care less about the rest of the details, just pictures, so if that's you, scroll on down before you are bored beyond belief :)

Adam and I went to the hospital Wednesday morning at 7:30 for induction, officially 39 weeks, 4 days and this baby didn't seem to be going anywhere!  Dr. Gardner broke my water at 9:00 and I was dilated to a 2, baby was way up high.  My nurse used this analogy...baby is in Canada and we need it in Texas, needless to say there was a lot that needed to happen before this baby was making its appearance.  I have had low blood platelets my whole pregnancy and they were 104,000 when they did my bloodwork...the lowest they have been all pregnancy and right on the border as to whether or not I could have an epidural!!!!!!  Yikes!  So, they had to do more bloodwork just to make sure I was in clear, thank goodness I was.  I s-l-o-w-l-y progressed throughout  the day, but had an epidural at 1:00, so after that I was comfortable and even able to nap!  Finally at 5:15 I was dilated to a 9 and definitely feeling pressure and knew we must be getting close.  Again, thanks to that epidural I was still feeling good.  I mean, how do you crazy ladies do birth without an epidural??? At 6:00, my doctor stopped in and sure enough I was at a 10.  A few pushes later and she was saying, "it's a girl" at 6:08.  Honestly, it happened so fast and was so easy, it's kind of a blur, even the part when Dr. Gardner said it was a girl.  She said that and handed her to me, but all I could see was part of an umbilical cord and I thought, this isn't a girl ;).  The next thing out of the nurses' mouths was, "she's so big, get her on the scale!"  Sure enough, they got her on the scale and 9.4 lbs it was and 23 inches long!!!  No wonder her feet felt like they were in chest, they probably were!  I knew this baby was going to be big, but didn't think this big!  We had family/friends giving guesses on sex and weight.  Adam came the closest to weight at 9.1, but he thought it was a boy, I don't think anyone else's weight guesses came close!  

I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story!

Coop wasn't real sure what to think of me stuck in bed, but he did crawl up to cuddle and watch toons for a little bit, love that arm curled around mine :).
She's here!  We named her basically right away, we were pretty sold on Laney Faith.  Now, had she been a he, it would have been a different story, we had about 7 names and couldn't seem to agree on one!  About her name...my first year teaching, one of my student's sisters was named Laney and I just loved it and they were the sweetest family!  As for Faith, we just liked the way it sounded with Laney.  So, Laney Faith Jones it is!
 We brought Cooper back first to meet his sister before anyone else.  Adam said he was excited walking down the hall talking about coming to see mom and his sister.  He came running into the room with a big smile on his face!  He was sucking his thumb and trying to figure it all out.  He gave us both a kiss and then was ecstatic when we told him his sister had brought  him a present!  
This kid loves a present, between his birthday and being a new big brother, he has received plenty this month!  You probably can't see his shirt, but it says, "Best Day Ever." :)
Look at our little chunker!  We had her laid out like this when our families came in and they were shocked at her size and all the hair!
Getting all checked out by the nurse
Could this be any sweeter?

 Mamaw and Papaw with Grandbaby #7
 Grandma and Grandpa with grand baby #3 and first granddaughter!

Aunt Alli got her flower girl and just in time!!!
We were lucky enough to have all the grandparents here for Laney's birth!  Aunt Alli was here too, but missed this pic to be the photographer.  We couldn't be more grateful that they all took off work and made the trip to be here with us!  

Welcome to the world Laney Faith, we couldn't be more in love and happy to have you here!!!!










6 comments:

  1. Love it! You are a rock star, Momma :)
    I love her name and her hair. I think I know that Laney, right? The littlest one is in my class and would love to hear this story. Maybe I could pass along to the family???
    Sending kisses to the whole bunch of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bets! Yes, you know the fam! Please share with my "Laney inspiration" and her family!! I love them...ran into them about a year ago at Peach Wave. Hope the school year is off to a good start, always thinking of my teachers this time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN! she has a sweet pu--y love to lick it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too I LOVE newborn it tastes so damn good

      Delete
    2. i agree she has a great littlepussy

      Delete
    3. yeah fat little baby pussyis the best

      Delete