Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our week so far...

Unfortunately Adam finished the weekend and started the week with an ugly flu bug, yuck! We quarantined him to the master bedroom/bath and I just finished disinfecting everything today.  

110 yesterday, hottest day in over a decade, and 110 today.  The rest of the week...109, 108, 107, 106, 105, 104.  I believe we are on 32 straight days of triple digit temperatures!!!  Crazy, huh?  Needless to say, we will be spending lots of afternoons indoors this week.  I don't do well being inside all day, so we are managing to be out and about in the mornings-whether it's the gym, pool, playdates or running errands.  My flowers are officially d-e-a-d, have no idea the last time we had rainfall or even a cloudy day for that matter!

The rest is in pictures...
Monday I took Lola to the groomer, the poor things shakes as soon as we pull in as it's the same place we board her and she gets shots.  Later that afternoon I get a call from the groomer saying there has been an "accident while grooming Lola."  Aaahhhhhhh, what????  Well, apparently she jumped when they were clipping her back leg and they cut her enough she needed staples!  Staples, really???  The worst part...when I go to pick her up they tell me she has to keep the "cone collar" on for a week!  A week, are you kidding me??  The reason for the cone, the 3 staples are right on her back leg where she could irritate them.  I am so sad for her, she is miserable, tries to get the stinkin' cone off all the time, has a hard time eating and can't get up the stairs. :(  Coop requested this picture...Lola was not happy to be photographed and kept turning away.
 Our dishwasher broke over the weekend, ugh!  Definitely something that I take for granted on a day to day basis and have a new appreciation for!  I have been hand washing dishes since with the repair man coming in the morning, hopefully it's an easy fix!  
 The Southlake movie theatre has a $5 summer movie program.  It's $5 for 10 movies over the summer, great deal, huh?  Our tickets are good every Tuesday morning and they play an older animated movie.  It's a great way to cool off on these hot, summer days! 

1 comment:

  1. Poor, poor Lola!
    Minnie's been spending a lot of time at the vet, too :( It doesn't make either of us happy ... although, I guess we should be thankful for no cone of shame!

    ReplyDelete