Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blog Book, 38 weeks, and a Weather Update

So, this blog is not only to keep family/friends in the loop on our life, but also to document Cooper's life!  I knew pretty early on that I would turn the first year of the blog/Coop's life into a book. I was able to do it thru Blurb.  They import all your posts into a book and from there you can edit it as you wish.  Well, I officially finished Cooper's first year this month...yeah, just a little behind as he turned 2!  Better late then never, right?  I was like a kid on Christmas morning this weekend, waiting for it to arrive on the doorstep.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was truly a labor of love!  Now...on to year two!

 Coop and Dad opening the book.  He was pretty excited!  Here are a few pics from the book...not the best quality-it was late and I was in a hurry.




The back cover-a few of our favorite pics from Coop's first year.


So, I am officially 38 and 1/2 weeks along!  This baby seems pretty content where it's at.  I, on the other hand, am beyond ready for "it" to make its appearance!!!!!!  Really can't complain because I feel pretty good.  However, I am ready to be able to lay on my stomach/back, play more easily on the floor with Coop and be able to tie my shoes without it being next to impossible :).  As of now, being induced a week from today, August 23rd...can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Although I can't believe that my baby is going to be a big brother and someone else is going to fill the "baby" role...
38 weeks!

This summer is breaking all sorts of records, so I feel I should document it too.  Last Thursday was the first day it wasn't triple digits in 40 days...unbelievable!  The average high in July was 107 degrees!  But, on Saturday morning we woke to rain!!!  It was the best sound early on a Saturday morning, especially since we hadn't had rain (someone correct me if I am wrong) since May!!  We are on the verge of watering restrictions as lake levels continue to drop with no other rain in the forecast.  The couple days of 90's was short lived as the 100's came back with a vengeance.  I feel so lucky to have a working air-conditioner and that we don't have to be out in this crazy heat!

1 comment: