Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Decor

Much like last year, we continue with the less is more theme with our Christmas decorations.  Really, I would love a house decked out in red/green/sparkle, but I am definitely not a decorator and we are gone for 2 weeks out of the season visiting family.  We do have the most perfect staircase for garland/lights, I think that thought at least 10 times a day...maybe someday.

It was cold here last weekend, you know rainy and 50's :), so we started a fire for fun.  The kids were hypnotized by it.
Stockings are my favorite Christmas decoration!
It's sad to me that we get our Christmas tree from the attic and bring it downstairs as some of my best Christmas memories are going to the tree farm and bringing home a real tree- we will do it at some point with the kids...feel like I am depriving them of the full experience!  However, my sadness diminished a little when Adam had the pre-lit tree together and up in about 5 minutes.  Coop helped me decorate and we only shattered 2 ornaments on the wood floor-haven't had to deal with that in the past  as we have always had the tree in a carpeted room.  The tree fills up that empty corner perfectly-I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment