Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Decor - Less is More

So, if you have been to any of my houses (the count is up to 3), you know that we follow the less is more mentality.  When you move every couple years, you don't get too comfortable or have time to fill in all the empty spaces.  This is actually perfect now that we have a toddler crusing the place at full speed at all times!  My Christmas decor follows the same philosophy.  These two pics are the main decorations, with a few touches here and there.
I am pretty proud of myself, as I put this tree up all on my own!  It is a fake, pre-lit tree, but it comes in 3 different pieces and wasn't easy to do.  For about a week it was the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the corner, but I finally won the battle!!!!  Again-the ornaments...less is more.  I avoided the bottom as I knew somebody's little hands would be all over the ornaments.  Well, I forgot about his long reach!  This has lead to many timeouts for taking balls off the tree and then I eventually gave in and moved them all higher. 
Love how our stockings look above the fireplace!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love those snowflake stockings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your "less is more" comment re Christmas decor -- simple can be the most beautiful -- and it does not make your head spin!

    ReplyDelete