Saturday, December 3, 2011

KC Plaza Lights

You know how when something is great in your own city, you don't take advantage of it like you should?  For example, I was born and raised in Kansas City, but in my 30 years have never seen the Plaza Lights ceremony in person!  Well, I can now check that off my list of things to do!  Our niece Ava-Grace and her dance company were a big part of the pre-show so it was a great reason to see her and the lights!  There was about 20 of us so we decided to rent a trolley and it was so much fun!  The little boys were dancing machines and of course, Cooper had an eagle eye out for diggers on the highway.  As I mentioned before the weather couldn't have been more perfect-we wore coats and were totally comfortable all night.  In fact, the kids kept wanting to take their coats off!

 All of sudden Cooper grew in hair and we have no idea what to do with it!!!!
 Helloooo trouble
 As I mentioned in the Thanksgiving post, Laney stayed back with family.  Definitely not a good place for a newborn!
 Dad's shoulders worked overtime
When not on their Dad's shoulders, the kids hung out (literally) on the fence in front of stage.
 Our dancing queen, Ava-Grace!
 Ta-Da, so pretty!  Look at all the cameras/phones, there were mobs of people!
 Uncle Kyle and Aunt Maggie
 No better way to wrap our visit than with a firetruck spotting!
 Some serious birthday partying followed the trolley ride...at least for the guys.
A good end to a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you had NEVER seen the lights! Weren't they so fun? And you picked the best year to go as I don't believe it's ever been that warm before. I've even braved huge snow amounts and temperatures in the teens to see the display!

    ReplyDelete