Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Surprise Trip...Newborn Heaven

As I posted, my sweet nephew Gunner was born on July 11th.  I wasn't going to meet him until October for my sister's wedding...he would have been 3 months, I just couldn't stand it!  Adam and I played lots of options in our heads to get me up to visit before finding the perfect fit and some gracious parents!  Coop and I hitched a ride with Adam's parents from Fort Worth to Joplin on their way home Sunday.  My parents drove to Joplin to pick us up and take us the rest of the way to Stilwell.  Thanks again to both sets of parents for making this happen!  At times during that drive I couldn't believe we were in the car again after our midwest tour just a couple weeks before, but at that sight of Baby Gunner, I knew it was totally worth it!  We surprised Bryson, Tara, and Gunner on Sunday evening.  It was a quick visit as we flew back home 48 hours later, but I got lots of Gunner time in!  Thanks to Tara for letting me visit lots!!!


Grandma and Grandpa with their 2 grandsons...newest addition is just 5 weeks away!!!

I could have held him all night long!!!!!!!

Just the sweetest! He is so content, didn't hear him cry once!  He's doing so well for his Mom and Dad!

On Sunday night I texted my friend, Ali (Emersyn's mom), telling her to feel free to have that baby girl while I was in town...totally joking obviously!  Well, Baby Lakeyn must have wanted to meet me because my wish was granted!!!!!!  Ali went a week earlier than her scheduled c-section and had sweet 6 lbs, 14 oz Lakeyn Mikel on Monday evening!  I couldn't have been more ecstatic, as I knew I probably wouldn't get to meet her until October!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emersyn, the proud big sister!

Baby Lakeyn is perfect!  Congrats again Ali, Ryan and Emersyn!

Now you know the reason behind my title, 'newborn heaven!'  I am officially in Texas until after this baby is born, no more trips for me-doctor's orders!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment