Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Birthday, Christmas

were Adam's words to me after this purchase...
So I just posted this last week about shopping for a new camera and here we are a week later with our new purchase :).  Over the weekend, my sweet toddler got a hold of my point and shoot and within minutes had somehow done something to break it.  The lens won't retract...any suggestions?  I would like to still have it so I am not always lugging this thing around.  I am taking pictures all the time, so we decided to go for it!!  After lots of research and input from friends/family (thanks to all you gals you emailed me!!!), we went with the Nikon 5100 DSLR.  We were torn between Canon and Nikon, but we wanted to buy it from a camera store so we could take lessons and always have someone knowledgeable to fall back on.  Well, the camera store doesn't sell Canons, so a Nikon it was. 

As much as I love it right now, there is so much to learn on how to use it that I just feel overwhelmed!  We have a one-on-one camera lesson this weekend at the camera store, so I am hoping to become a little more knowledgeable and comfortable with it.


This weekend we also went to see Cars 2.  Not exactly a success, but not a failure either.   He loved all the previews and sat through the first half pretty well, with popcorn of course!  Then, he was losing interest and just wanted to run around.  Dad reeled him back in with M&Ms, but after that he was back up again.  I ended up taking him out the last 10 minutes to just run the halls.  He really liked the parts he sat for and is still talking about Queen car (what he calls Lightening McQueen) and Mater.  However, I think it will be a while before we tackle the movies again :).

This was taken on my phone...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new camera! I'll send you some emails I've sent to other friends that purchased a new "fancy" camera. Hopefully some of it will apply to a Nikon.
    As for the lens issue on the other camera. That happened to me, and I literally cried. I took it to a camera shop & they told me it would be about the same price to fix it as it would be to buy a new one :( You might ask around, or take it to your new camera shop. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete