Monday, July 6, 2015

10 years

This was 10 years ago...
 What??  How did that happen??  And did we get married when we were 15??  Our wedding day was so much fun and exactly as I had imagined.  If I could recreate our reception again, I would do it in a heartbeat!
 My mom and dad kept the kids so we could go out to dinner.  My only requirement was that we get out of our Johnson County bubble!  KC has such great spots yet, we seem to always stay close to home.  Rusty had told us about Q39 so we went with it.  BBQ is a romantic dinner for your 10 year anniversary, right??  Let's be honest, dinner without kids is romantic no matter where you are!
It was all so, so good!  I don't love BBQ, but I am ready to go back again.
 We went for dessert next.  We had read about this homemade ice cream/cookie shop but again...it's outside our comfort zone so we hadn't been yet.  Adam's favorite dessert is cookies and ice cream so he was in heaven.  It was so delicious!
I was taking pictures of our night like I was a tourist in another city ;).  I don't get out much.
Next we went to Hotel Sorella on the Plaza for drinks.  It has a rooftop bar and it was a beautiful night out!  Yes, we were in matching shirts and for the record, I was dressed first.  Guess who totally called us out on our matching shirts when we walked out on the patio...
Awful pic to choose but you get the idea...it's Champ from Anchorman!!!  By the time we left, we had made family connections in Stilwell and Washington...crazy!  
Our waitress was the sweetest and brought us lemon cheesecake...so I had my second dessert of the night.  
We chatted about our first 10 years and how lucky we are, I hope and pray that the next years are just as joyful!!!!!!!!  Love you Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment